Apps SDK documentation
You can use the Apps SDK to create apps that import content into Canva, add elements to a user's design, automate common design tasks, and more. You can then either distribute the app publicly, via the Apps Marketplace, or share it privately with members of your team.
This documentation explains everything you need to know about creating apps.
- To start making an app, see Quick start.
- To explore example apps, check out the starter kit.
- If you have any questions, create a support ticket.
What can apps do?
In the iframe, apps can:
- Use the Apps SDK to programatically interact with the Canva editor.
- Use the App UI Kit to create a user interface that matches the look and feel of Canva.
- Use the Fetch API to integrate with the app's backend.
Why create apps?
There are many reasons to create apps, but these are some the highlights:
- Reach an audience of 100+ million monthly active users.
- Create features that improve your own Canva experience.
- Create apps to improve your team's workflows.
Looking for a REST API?
In addition to the Apps SDK, Canva is working on a REST API for simplifying and automating workflows via HTTP requests. If you're interested in using it, sign up for the waitlist.