Apps SDK documentation
You can use the Apps SDK to create apps that import content into Canva, add elements to a user's design, automate common design tasks, and more. You can then either distribute the app publicly, via the Apps Marketplace, or share it privately with members of your team.
This documentation explains everything you need to know about creating apps.
- To start making an app, see Quick start.
- To explore example apps, check out the starter kit.
- If you have any questions, create a support ticket.
What can apps do?
In the iframe, apps can:
- Use standard web technologies to render a user interface.
- Use the Fetch API to integrate with the app's backend.
- Use the Apps SDK to integrate with the core Canva experience.
To learn more about how the Apps SDK works, see Integrating with Canva.
Why create apps?
There are many reasons to create apps, but these are some the highlights:
- Reach an audience of 100+ million monthly active users.
- Create features that improve your own Canva experience.
- Create apps to improve your team's workflows.
Looking for a REST API?
In addition to the Apps SDK, Canva is working on a REST API for simplifying and automating workflows via HTTP requests. If you're interested in using it, sign up for the waitlist.