Testing data providers
How to test a data provider.
If a provider renders a UI, the UI can be tested the same as any other app:
- Navigate to an app via the Developer Portal.
- Click Preview.
If you want to test how a provider interacts with a consumer though, the only option is to test it via Canva's Bulk Create feature. In the future, as other consumers are released, more options for testing will become available.
This guide explains how to test a data provider via the Bulk Create feature.
Step 1: Select a data provider
- Create (or open) a design in Canva.
- In the side panel, click Apps.
- Select Bulk Create.
- Click More data sources.
- Select a provider.
Step 2: Generate a design with the data
- Add a text element to the design.
- Right-click the element.
- Select Assign data.
- In the dropdown that appears, select one or more columns from the data table.
- In the side panel, click Continue.
- Select one or more rows of data.
- Click Generate.